Thursday, March 27, 2008

Idiot is an idiot

My sister and I (and our lawyers) are trying to schedule a meeting with Idiot and her lawyer. In the past, Idiot has always said to us to just let her know whenever there is a meeting about anything and that she'd be there. (Considering that she does no work and that she disappears from time to time from the house in what I suspect are attempts to pretend that she IS doing something useful with her life, I see no reason why she should be unable to make any meeting.)

After speaking with our lawyers, my sister and I suggested a meeting on Friday. When I mentioned it to Idiot last night, she agreed and then came back to me five minutes later claiming that she had to be at church. (Be at church at 8:30 am on a Friday morning...? Don't people at church work too?) This is pretty fishy because she is always at home at that time. I don't doubt that she spends a lot of time at church but certainly not at 8:30 am. I suspect that she probably didn't want to agree to a meeting... which makes no sense to me because it's in all of our best interests to finish up everything as quickly as possible. (Plus, it just racks up more and more legal fees if we prolong this.) But in the end, she told me that she'd have a sure answer for me tomorrow (aka today).

Tonight, I ask her about whether she'd be able to make the meeting. (Of course I had to approach her. She never approaches us for anything which is ridiculous. Would we just live in this limbo if we never approached her, ever?) She said that she had spoken with HER lawyer and that her lawyer was "going to talk" with our (Korean) lawyer and that I should then talk to my lawyer. (This conversation was all very calm except there was bafflement on my part, as usual when speaking with Idiot.) I asked her why she couldn't just tell me right now (when I was in front of her) whether or not she could make the meeting (and of course bring her lawyer) instead of going back and forth with our lawyers. As usual, she evaded my question and just said that "eventually" we'd have a meeting. I said yes, but if we were eventually going to have a meeting, why couldn't we have one right away because even if our lawyers just speak, the three of us would eventually have to talk together anyway. She again did not answer my question and just stated that our lawyers would talk.

I asked her straight out whether she agreed that it was in everybody's best interest to be done with everything as soon as possible. She agreed and said, "That is my hope." But her actions speak otherwise.

I suspect that she is afraid that if we settle this as soon as possible (before everything with the insurance companies is finished), she is afraid that SHE will have to take on the responsibilities instead of leaning on my sister to do everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). Clara has asked her on several occasions to do some inane tasks (because she wants to just feel as though Idiot is participating SOMEHOW even in the tiniest degree) but she has not done them. Idiot uses the excuse of not knowing how to use the computer system (which only strengthens our side that she has almost no participation with the business itself if she does not know how to use the computer system while minimally educated migrant workers are proficient). She also allowed my sister to thank her for highlighting certain customer names from a thick pile of tickets (of the remaining inventory) without telling my sister that she did not actually look at it or do anything. When my sister confronted her about it later that night, Idiot said that she had had no time to look at it and that her eyes (again, the EYES... she drives EVERYWHERE) were bothering her. My sister said that she had no problem with that (since it is true that my sister took it back one day later) but that she does not understand why Idiot allowed my sister to thank her repeatedly for the one task that my sister asked her to complete.

Obnoxious.

If Idiot prolongs this whole legal process and racks up extra legal fees on OUR side, she better compensate. (Yeah, right.)

No comments: